The venue of this symposium, Viana do Castelo, is a charming town in the north of Portugal that is affordable and easily accessible from the Porto Sá Carneiro international airport.
TAP Air Portugal is the official carrier of this event. TAP provided a discount code for the participants [IT19TPCG07], valid for round trips booked via their website to Porto (OPO) or Lisbon (LIS) airport. The code is valid for trips starting and ending within 10 days of the symposium, and gives a 10% discount on Economy fares and 15% on Executive fares.
If you fly to Porto:
The nearest airport is Porto (recommended). For those arriving to Porto on Sunday June 2nd, we there will be free shuttle transportation to Viana do Castelo kindly provided by the City. More details on the shuttle soon.
A taxi trip from Porto airport to Viana do Castelo is approximately 60 to 70 Euros.
If you fly to Lisbon:
You can reach Viana do Castelo by:
- train: from Lisbon to Porto then Viana do Castelo (informations on trains here),
- coach: from Lisbon to Viana do Castelo (these are an affordable and comfortable option, and the coaches often have WiFi. A one-way trip costs about 20 Euros and lasts about 5 hours; more info and booking here).
We have made bulk pre-bookings and arranged discounted fares with a number of recommended hotels in town. Please make your booking as detailed below as soon as possible to make sure you can get one of those rooms at reduced fares.
- Hotel Flor de Sal
- rooms from 80 Eur/night (incl. breakfast);
- bookings via email (email@example.com), make sure you mention that you are a participant of the Astronomy conference.
- Hotel Axis
- rooms from 70 Eur/night (incl. breakfast);
- bookings via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), make sure you mention that you are a participant of the “Simposio Internacional de Astronomia”.
- Hotel Rali
- rooms from 55 Eur/night (incl. breakfast);
- bookings via their website, use discount code “UAI_2019” (note: code is only valid until March 3rd, 2019).
[more hotel recommendations TBA soon]