Adapted from TED
We invite you to participate in this Symposium in a spirit of scientific curiosity, open-mindedness, friendliness, and mutual respect. Harassment in any form will not be tolerated.
By participating in this Symposium, you agree to:
– Respect the boundaries of other participants.
– Respect the scientific ideas of others participants.
– Give the work of others appropriate credit.
– Avoid aggressive questioning.
– Look out for one another.
Behaviors that will not be tolerated include:
– Invasion of privacy.
– Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, or following anyone.
– Abuse of power.
– Homophobia, racism, or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
– Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
How to report an incident:
If you have been involved in or witnessed an incident which violates the code of conduct, please contact Jacqueline Hodge, Elisabete da Cunha, or any member of the LOC. We will treat your report confidentially.
Symposium participants violating the code of conduct will be sanctioned or expelled without a refund.